- Download the windows binaries for Ruby 1.8.7 here: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/ extract that to wherever you would like, I use c:\ruby. Then put c:\ruby\bin in your PATH environment variable.
- Download the zlib package: http://www.zlib.net/zlib123-dll.zip and extract the zlib1.dll, rename it to zlib.dll and move it into your Windows\System32.
- Download the iconv package: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25167&package_id=51458. Find and extract the iconv.dll into your Windows\System32.
- Download the rubygems package and follow the instructions, basically extracting the package and running
- Verify that everything works properly by trying a
gem install rails
- once that installs then do:
Note: If zlib.dll and iconv.dll don’t work, copy them into c:\ruby\bin